Assistant Operations Manager
MetroShoe Warehouse’s Fulfillment Center plays a critical role in the distribution of goods to our local retail stores. We are seeking an Assistant Operations Manager to join our team! The Assistant Operations Manager will facilitate all operational duties associated with maintaining the flow of work at our Fulfillment Center. The position will require the candidate to be willing to work a flexible schedule including some nights, weekends, holidays, and fluctuating shifts during high volume seasonal periods. The hours of operations for the Fulfillment Center currently are Monday-Friday 8a-9p Saturday 10a-7p, Sunday 9a-6p. The AOM will be required to fill in when needed to sustain operational hours due to scheduling request or scheduling/staffing issues that may occur.
The Assistant Operations Manager objectively will be a leadership role for the Fulfillment Center and will be a vital member of the operational team. The AOM will have direct responsibilities and will oversee the lead/associate positions by enforcing and upholding all policies and procedures in place by MetroShoe Warehouse and will help maintain the staff by efficiently training and actively working along side the team performing all operations duties with them.
- Daily distribution of inventory to store location based on inventory replenishment reports.
- Daily distribution of inventory to Amazon Fulfillment centers based on inventory replenishment reports.
- Accurately receive incoming goods from vendors, report shortage issues and vendor related discrepancies in a timely manner to accounting/buying office departments. Properly document shortages and discrepancies at the time of receiving.
- Accurately and properly understand the functionally of company WMS/binning system to properly handheld inventory transactions.
- Daily sort and distribute incoming/outgoing freight.
- Oversee shipping duties assigned to the Fulfillment Center based on online orders.
- Organize and distribute all store supplies items, handle reordering of supply items based on quantity reports.
- Properly use company vehicle when needed
- Assist in loading and unloading inventory.
- Identify and communicate continuous improvement ideas by constant process evaluation related to picking inventory, transferring product, shipping, receiving.
- Identifying and correct conditions that affect employees safety by facilitating safety training, safety awareness, and teaching proper technics to sustain a safe working environment.
- Facilitate with weekly schedule preparation.
- Facilitate with hiring and coaching of Fulfillment Center Staff.
- Facilitate with On-boarding, updating employee records for terminations, correcting clocking in/out issues, overall management of associate personal, payroll information in company HR software system.
- Facilitate with recruiting and retention of warehouse staff.
- Facilitate with weekly reporting to determine staff efficiencies and labor hour requirements.
- Perform other duties as required
- This position is a salary based position.
- Benefits Include: Medical - Company pays 50% of employee medical premium. Dental, Vision. 401k 100% company match up to 3% 50% match the next 2%.
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus incentives
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Strong Physical abilities ( standing, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders for long periods of time)
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Strong computer, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Strong personality and leadership skills.
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
• Good driving record
The address this position reports to is:
560 E Memorial Rd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73114
Since 1997, MetroShoe Warehouse or as in previous years known as Westies Shoes (1997-2007) has offered a wide variety of quality shoes, apparel and accessories for men, women and children. We’re proud to be known as one of the largest locally owned retailers in Oklahoma and strive to offer the most quality customer service to anyone who walks through our doors.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.