Full/Part Time Operations Lead (Closing/Weekend Shift)
MetroShoe Warehouse is a lifestyle specialty retailer of shoes, apparel and accessories founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. Our teams are comprised of talented people who work hard to meet the needs of our customers. When you join a MetroShoe Warehouse team, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
The Operations Lead reports to the Operations Manager and performs various activities, such as requisitioning, receiving, storing, stocking, taking inventory, and distributing a wide variety of company materials and flow of goods between locations. Ensures the enforcement of all warehouse procedures and practices. Leads warehouse employees who perform primarily manual labor, and is sometimes required to pitch in. The Operations Lead will be the key holder on duty and will be responsible for the closing of the fulfillment center nightly according to shift.
- Preform the day to day processing of the distribution center transactions to ensure that the company’s operations are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner
- Ensure the enforcement of all operation procedures and practices. Lead warehouse employees who primarily perform manual labor, and sometimes required to pitch in
· Monitors the loading and moving of product and use of company vehicle
· Prepares product for transfer by verifying location; directing movement to staging area; resolving problems
· Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records; maintaining databases
· Accomplishes distribution and organization mission by completing related results as needed
· Moves inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with related departments
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Stores product by designating storage areas; adjusting storage areas accordingly
· Coordinate merchandise and fixture deliveries with merchandising leaders
· Confirming inventory received and reconciling inventory discrepancies
· Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
· Maintains close relationships with peers to identify and resolve interdepartmental issues and with remote locations
· Ensuring immediate escalation of issues and any significant business, operational, and or productivity or customer activity, problem situations and or events to operations management
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft Office programs, including Excel and Word
- Attention to detail
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Experience working in an office environment with data entry responsibilities
- Project a professional company image through occasional in-person and phone interaction
- Effective communication skills
- Night and weekend availability required (Hours of operation 8a-10p, Monday - Saturday, Sundays 9a-6p)
Since 1997, MetroShoe Warehouse or as in previous years known as Westies Shoes (1997-2007) has offered a wide variety of quality shoes, apparel and accessories for men, women and children. We’re proud to be known as one of the largest locally owned retailers in Oklahoma and strive to offer the most quality customer service to anyone who walks through our doors.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job is contingent upon drug test approval. MetroShoe Warehouse prides itself on personal growth and development of employees through advancement opportunities.
560 E Memorial Rd OKC OK 73114
Starting Hourly rate: $12.00
Full Time and Part Time Available